We love these little quinoa patties! They are perfect for lunch or together with a side of veggies. The best part is, you can be creative and use whatever toppings you prefer. Enjoy!
- 2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa, at room temperature
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt (or more depending on taste)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives (or cilantro)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese (you can experiment with different types of cheese)
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup panko break crumbs (plus more if needed)
- water, if needed
- olive oil
1. Combine cooked quinoa, eggs, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in chives, onion, cheese, and garlic. Add the bread crumbs and allow to sit for a minute, to absorb some of the moisture. Err on the moist side, so you don't get an overly dry patty. Add more bread crumbs or water at this point as needed.
3. Top quinoa patties with salsa or hot sauce, spinach, sliced tomatoes and avocado.
Be creative and add different types of cheese, herbs and toppings. Enjoy!