Saturday, September 22, 2012

Healthy Protein Shake Recipes

A number of people have been asking me lately for some recipes for protein shakes. We LOVE making protein shakes and drink them almost everyday. 


We recommend using Shaklee 180 Smoothie Mix. If you use the Shaklee 180 Protein Mix as directed (2 scoops), it can be a complete low glycemic meal replacement with 6 grams of fiber and 24 grams of protein per serving. I love that it is powered by Leucine to preserve muscle which helps regulate your metabolism. And of course, like any Shaklee product, there are NO artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors or GMO ingredients. 

We also use Energizing Protein which helps ward off hunger and maintain energy for hours. Here are a few delicious recipes...enjoy!

Strawberry Banana
      Blend until creamy. If the shake is a bit too thick, add extra milk.

Pumpkin Spice Shake Recipe
  • 2 scoops Shaklee 180 Vanilla Energizing Protein
  • 8 oz non-fat milk or low fat soy milk
  • 2 tbsp canned organic pumpkin
  • ½ tsp pumpkin spice
  • Dash of vanilla extract
  • Dash of cinnamon
  • 4 – 6 ice cubes
     Blend until creamy.

Vanilla Latte
      Blend until creamy.

Berry Delicious (our favorite!!)
      Blend until creamy. Use fresh strawberries/blueberries when in season. You can also use 2 scoops of Vanilla protein instead of using the strawberry protein.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup
      Blend until creamy. 

Chocolate Covered Strawberries
      Blend until creamy. 

Piña Colada
     Mix all ingredients together in a blender until frothy. 

Mocha Latte
     Mix all ingredients together in a blender until frothy.

Strawberry Lemonade
     Mix all ingredients together in a blender until frothy. 

You can pretty much add whatever you want...so be creative! These shakes are easy to make and super healthy!

What's your favorite protein shake recipe? 




27 comments:

  1. Yummy! I would love for you to link up to my Linky Party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/04/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-9.html

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for more recipes to go in my blender. I am especially excited to try the pumpkin one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby was just talking about starting to drink some of these again. These are some great recipe ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my hubby loves protein shakes, especially after workouts. He just made the Berry Delicious shake which is our favorite! Enjoy :)

      Delete
  4. Yum, sounds delicious. Thanks for the recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for these smoothies. I've been on a hunt for one for my son for mornings. Trying to find healthy things for him to eat that have protein in the morning is hard. This is a great way to get that protein in him. Ty for sharing.
    Found you on MBC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the recipes! These protein shakes/smoothies can be a complete breakfast (depending on the type and quality of protein you are using) and great for kids! Enjoy :)

      Delete
  6. Great recipes! The Berry one looks like my favorite too:) I'm following you on gfc, linky, and like you on facebook now. Hope you will follow me too:) Found you on MBC. My blog is Gloria's Bits and Pieces.

    http://kngmckellar-glorias.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These recipes are wonderful! I can't wait to try the Pumpkin Spice Shake Recipe myself. I love smoothies and shakes during the Spring Time. My daughter and I make a lot of them with fresh fruit. New follower from MBC :) Followed on GFC & linkys!

    youngatheartmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your recipes sound delicious! The berry one looks amazing! New follower here!

    If you would like to follow back, please subscribe at simplyrealmoms.com and you can also follow us on FB and Twitter from there :) Looking forward to connecting with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Connie: I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, your new GF friend. I would love it if you stop by and be my friend, too.
    I'm constantly looking for yummy but healthy recipes. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy! I want to go and buy instant coffee now so that I can make a blended latte smoothie :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to try the strawberry banana smoothie. Thanks for all of the yummy recipes. Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for linking up last week! My new linky is live and I hope you'll link up again! :)
    http://taylornorris.blogspot.com/2012/04/unveil-your-genius-link-party-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. my family love smoothies and milkshakes!thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there! This looks like a super healthy but yummy shake! Am following you on GFC from MBC, kindly return the love at http://www.ahappymum.com and hope to be in touch soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tried vanilla latte and love it. I followed you from MBC. If you like my blog, please follow me on http://www.chinese4u2go.com.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi this one is great and is really a good post. I think it will help me a lot in the related stuff and is very much useful for me. Very well written I appreciate & must say good job..
    magnesium bisglycinate

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look really good, I might just have to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Very healthy and nice drink which is very healty and useful tips for making drinking
    Nice blog post which is very useful

    CONSULTATIONS For Sleep Disorders And Neurological Disorders

    Neurodiagnostic Test (EEG/EMG/NCS/NCV/RNST/VEP/BAER/SSEP)

    ReplyDelete
  19. If you have ever sliced up a load of fresh pineapple and felt a tickling sensation on your fingers that is bromelain digesting your skin; protein shake blenders

    ReplyDelete
  20. Read More About Customized Weight Reduction Right here Best Fat Loss Program. Go to My Customized Weight Reduction Route Good Foods To Burn Belly Fat Customized Weight Reduction critique feezy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established post. Is it hard to set up your own post? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking about making my own but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any points or suggestions? Thank you Isolate Protein

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for sharing, This is a nice article..
    Its easy to understand ..
    And this article is using to learn something about it Templatesme.com - Download Website Template Free

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post. I will visit your blog regularly for Some latest post.
    skin types

    ReplyDelete